Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simon the Sorcerer, Sold out to Satan(poetic story-telling)

2 posters

Go down

Simon the Sorcerer, Sold out to Satan(poetic story-telling) Empty Simon the Sorcerer, Sold out to Satan(poetic story-telling)

Post  Fenny West Fri 14 Sep 2007, 5:18 pm

Simon - A Man Who Tried to Buy the Holy Spirit

Simon the Sorcerer, Sold out to Satan(poetic story-telling) Cgb8bn0

Simon the Sorcerer, Sold out to Satan
Determined to pull the wool over the peoples’ eyes
He was a deceiver, wheeler and dealer
Had fleeced the people right through to bones
But now he saw wonders like never before.
He ran helter-skelter wondering what to do
His show was stale and now deserted
And so he sought power with all his money
Give me this power, I will pay good fortune
I will pay any price for this Spirit Prize
I know with this power I will be back in business.
See on bended knees, I crawl and call.
Peter was surprised, serious and furious.
‘You dare devil, disciple of Satan.
Why will you want to buy God’s power’
You will now be bound by blindness
Until you turn to God’s brightness.

Acts 8:1-25
Simon the Sorcerer, Sold out to Satan(poetic story-telling) 2061pr3
[color=#000066]

[color=#000066]

[color=black]

The Power of the Holy Spirit is a gift for all believers. The Holy Spirit is essential for a vibrant Christian life. He is the Helper, the Standby, the Sprit of Grace, the counselor, the Comforter. He has come to teach, as the Spirit of truth and the Teacher. He is the anointing Who anoints and commissions us for service. Without Him we may remain lifeless, weak, fearful, carnal, easy prey to the adversary. He brings about the miraculous, equips us for service, giving us gifts such as the Word of Wisdom, Word of knowledge, Gifts of healing, Gift of faith, gift of prophecy, tongues and interpretation of tongues; He set the five fold Ministry gifts in the Body of Christ- Apostles, Pastors Evangelists, Prophets, Teachers, Preachers and other gifts.

To receive the Holy Spirit, we have to ask in faith and be yielded to Him. he convicts us of sin, refines us and uses us as His instruments of reconciliation.

[color:e37f=black:e37f]We must have the right motive when we desire to receive the Holy Spirit. He cannot be bought or sold. However He is also gentle and would not force Himself on any Christian who does not want Him or skeptical about Him. But the fruit we bear will be limited when He is not given His proper place.

[color:e37f=black:e37f]

[color:e37f=black:e37f]The Holy Spirit empowers us to Be Witnesses

8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8 NiV

The Holy Spirit Bring About the Miraculous

38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him. Acts 10:38

If You ask for the Holy Sprit you will get the Holy Spirit

11"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"Luke11:11-13

The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a different experience form salvation

1While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples 2and asked them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?"
They answered, "No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."
3So Paul asked, "Then what baptism did you receive?"
"John's baptism," they replied.
4Paul said, "John's baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus." 5On hearing this, they were baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus. 6When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.Act19:1-6

14When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them. 15When they arrived, they prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit, Acts 8:14-15

The Holy Spirit adds impetus to our prayer and grants us extraordinary boldness and power preaching and witnessing.
31After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly
Acts4:31

8Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: "Rulers and elders of the people! 9If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a cripple and are asked how he was healed, 10then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11He is
" 'the stone you builders rejected,
which has become the capstone. 12Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."
13When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus. Acts2:8-13

8Now Stephen, a man full of God's grace and power, did great wonders and miraculous signs among the people. 9Opposition arose, however, from members of the Synagogue of the Freedmen (as it was called)—Jews of Cyrene and Alexandria as well as the provinces of Cilicia and Asia. These men began to argue with Stephen, 10but they could not stand up against his wisdom or the Spirit by whom he spoke Acts 6:8-10
We need the Holy Spirit for effective service
3Brothers, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them 4and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word." Acts 6:3-4

You can be filled again and again with the Holy Sprit

18Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Ephesians5:18

click for today's Bible story or check archives for the story in the following link

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com/portal.htm

http://kids.christiansunite.com/biblestories_apostles.shtml

Last edited by on Sun 16 Sep 2007, 12:19 am; edited 4 times in total
Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Country : Simon the Sorcerer, Sold out to Satan(poetic story-telling) RedCross-1

Warning : Simon the Sorcerer, Sold out to Satan(poetic story-telling) 110

http://inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

Simon the Sorcerer, Sold out to Satan(poetic story-telling) Empty Re: Simon the Sorcerer, Sold out to Satan(poetic story-telling)

Post  Waqar Daniel Sat 15 Sep 2007, 6:32 am

Dear Fenny:

Thanks for a lovely poem. Once I was pondering on one of the titles of God "All-knowing". I know it can be defined and explained in many contexts.

To me "All-knowing" means that God foretold everything and what was revealed through incidents recorded in the Bible are true for 21st century and will remain true for the end of the world. Now every word in the Bible has a meaning and a use. Incidents recorded in the Bible are not fillers just to fill up space.

When I read this story where Simon asks Peter if he could buy Holy Spirit, I am not amazed because I have seen people, who would go out to buy salvation.

Thank you Fenny and God bless you for making this forum full of great poems. This is indeed a great way of preaching to others in very small yet rhythmic words.

God bless you and your family
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25
Country : Simon the Sorcerer, Sold out to Satan(poetic story-telling) RedCross-1

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Simon the Sorcerer, Sold out to Satan(poetic story-telling) Empty Re: Simon the Sorcerer, Sold out to Satan(poetic story-telling)

Post  Fenny West Sat 15 Sep 2007, 4:02 pm

Thank you very much, waqar, for taking time to read these poems and give me feedbacks. You are a hardworker and an avid reader. the Lord will not forget your labour of love and would reward you abundantly.

The Lord has called me to inspire people who can in turn inspire others. I have hundreds of songs, articles and poems which have been given to build up the Body of Christ. Wherever they are accepted, more will be given.

I have been greatly encouraged since i joined this forum. I belong to other forums where i spread the good news of the Gospel. We live at a time of great information technology opportunity and we must harness it fully to the glory of God.

i also have a blog and a forum I have started recently but I am still building it. It is not as developed as this. Nevertheless I am prepared to help elsewhere in the Name of the Lord. The most important thing is The Word spread and read and bearing fruit to the glory of God.

if you visit:
faithwriters.com
voices.org
faithcycleministries you will find many of my articles.

If you do find any article you want to be on this forum, feel free to copy and paste or notify me with the title and i will post it here.

The name of the blog I wanted to create is binspired2inspire so if you can open one for me, I would be grateful.

God bless You

Fenny
Fenny West
Fenny West

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 16 Sep 2007, 12:45 am

Dear Fenny:

Thank you for your support. I have some articles too on faithwriters. Let me tell you a little secret that why I started this forum.

I am still a member of nearly 5 Christian Forums but I never liked the behavior of Moderators and Administrators towards people. Although some of them have themselves a title of ministry but they are really rude.

If you do not agree to any of their posts, they simply ban you very rudely. This happened to many people, so I decided that I will open up a forum that will encourage anyone who wants to preach.

Certainly, non-Christian preaching is not allowed, but surely anyone who wants to preach is more than welcome. I never asked any members from those Forums to join me, these all 84 members are God sent. I do not advertise but I plan to do soon as I get little time to carry on with such activities.

God bless your forum and may He lead people in search of knowledge to your forum.

I would suggest to make a forum on hrrp://freeforums.org, they have some good designs and it advert free froum. If you need help, do let me know.

God bless you and your family
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenny West Sun 16 Sep 2007, 9:07 am

Dear Waqar

Thank you very much for your openness.
Hopefully we shall build and spread Good News enabling, encouraging and reinforcing forums and blogs.

Please visit the forum below at your leisure and see what help and advice you can give. You may also get some ideas for new topic to include in this forum. I believe I can learn a lot from you in view of your wealth of experience.

One great feature of this forum which is hard to find is the automatic notification system. It is wonderful that you encourage the spreading of the Gospel. God would honour and bless the desires of your heart.

You may also think of funnies (clean jokes, stories etc), word games, quizzes, Audio Poetry/ dynamic poetry with video links to Utube.

Bravo! Keep going from grace to grace and from glory to glory and faith to faith.

God bless You mightily

Fenny

[color=#6699ff]http://z11.invisionfree.com/inspiration4U2day/index.[color:9739=#6699ff:9739]php
Fenny West
Fenny West

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down