Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John 9:24-27

2 posters

Go down

John 9:24-27 Empty John 9:24-27

Post  clark thompson Sat 11 Jan 2014, 10:20 pm

King James Version (KJV)

24 Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.

25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

26 Then said they to him again, What did he to thee? how opened he thine eyes?

27 He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be his disciples?

Revised Standard Version (RSV)

24 So for the second time they called the man who had been blind, and said to him, “Give God the praise; we know that this man is a sinner.” 25 He answered, “Whether he is a sinner, I do not know; one thing I know, that though I was blind, now I see.” 26 They said to him, “What did he do to you? How did he open your eyes?” 27 He answered them, “I have told you already, and you would not listen. Why do you want to hear it again? Do you too want to become his disciples?”

Revised Standard Version (RSV)
Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright © 1946, 1952, and 1971 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

24 They still wanted to talk the man as Christians people may want to here about our experience with Christ more than once which should share it with as we are lead because it could be used by the Spirit to bring them to the faith even though they could ridicule. This man could not stop giving glory to God because of what Jesus had done for him. These people hated Jesus so much that they prey on this man who has not yet even referred Jesus to anything more than the one who healed him. Jesus was sin less but all others are sinners, we can just be saved by faith.

25 We may not be able to answer all the questions people have be we know what the Lord has done for us. This man knew Jesus made Him see, the man may have not even known His name yet.

26 The people wanted to know how He healed the man, the man would not know but it was done out of faith.

27 This man knew Jesus had disciples and he knew he was healed but this men were not listening they were just trying to make example out of this man because of Jesus.
clark thompson
clark thompson
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Busy
Male

Number of posts : 143
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Warning : John 9:24-27 110

Back to top Go down

John 9:24-27 Empty Re: John 9:24-27

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 12 Jan 2014, 12:52 pm

There is nothing to add on to your explanation. However, I like this chapter because it opens up great mysteries to us. I believe that the incident quoted here is to blind those who could see and who were full of wisdom like Pharisees yet their light was darkness. Jesus gave sight to those who were born blind.
A second time they summoned the man who had been blind. “Give glory to God by telling the truth,” they said. “We know this man is a sinner.”

He replied, “Whether he is a sinner or not, I don’t know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!”

Then they asked him, “What did he do to you? How did he open your eyes?”

He answered, “I have told you already and you did not listen. Why do you want to hear it again? Do you want to become his disciples too?” (John 9:24-27)
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : John 9:24-27 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com