Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Church Under God

3 posters

Go down

One Church Under God Empty One Church Under God

Post  TomL Mon 27 Jan 2014, 10:51 pm

America desperately needs One Church under God. Why does America need one church under God? It's because the church is the rudder of the nation. The way the church goes, so does the nation. Without one church under God, it is impossible to have one nation under God. For this to happen the Church must get back to the Bible. But, will the church ever get back to the Bible?

That is a good question. From what I see, I kinda doubt it. There is an issue of pride that exists among people in the church that prevents them form seeing there is something wrong. And when some seem to see that there is something wrong, they deny they might be part of the problem.

If the church went back to the Bible, that would end all the denominations, and we would all be one church, the way it is written in the Bible. Christ said, "I will build my church." He didn't say he would build the Pope's church, Martin Luther's church, John Calvin's church, etc.

The Bible says that God purchased the church with his own blood. Do you know what that means? It means he owns the church. God through Christ owns the church. We do not belong to ourselves. We belong to He who purchased us. We are His property.

Scripture says, "For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s." I Corinthians 6.20. And in I Corinthians 7.26, "You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men." But, when it comes to the church in America, is it not enslaved to men? Men like the Pope, Rick Warren, John Hagee, Joel Osteen, etc. The church is enslaved by the various synods, conferences and districts. That's not the way it's supposed to be. If God purchased us through the blood of Christ, we should only be enslaved by Him. And, as slaves of Christ, how should we live? How should we worship? How should we serve? And that is what matters.

If the church really wants to save America, the church has to heed what the Bible says in 2nd Chronicles 7.14, which is, "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and forgive their sin and heal their land." NKJV. The church must repent of the divisiveness and idolatry, so God will hear from heaven, forgive our sins and heal our land. Our land being America.

I firmly believe the problems in America have their root in the church. As I stated before, can not have one nation under God if we don't have one church under God.
TomL
TomL
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 17
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2013-12-11

Warning : One Church Under God 110

Back to top Go down

One Church Under God Empty Re: One Church Under God

Post  Waqar Daniel Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:49 pm

God bless you for your thought provoking article. This situation is all around the world. I have found that ego and taking lead over others have led many astray. They are interested in glorifying themselves instead of glorifying God. Thank you once again for a very well put article.

God bless you

Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TomL Thu 08 May 2014, 3:16 am

Waqar Daniel wrote:
God bless you for your thought provoking article. This situation is all around the world. I have found that ego and taking lead over others have led many astray. They are interested in glorifying themselves instead of glorifying God. Thank you once again for a very well put article.

God bless you

Thank you.
TomL
TomL
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  clark thompson Mon 12 May 2014, 12:49 pm

The church has recently conformed to the world instead of changing the world, the church needs to go back to living by what God said is right instead of what the world finds alright.
clark thompson
clark thompson
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Busy
Male

Number of posts : 143
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  TomL Mon 12 May 2014, 3:28 pm

clark thompson wrote:The church has recently conformed to the world instead of changing the world, the church needs to go back to living by what God said is right instead of what the world finds alright.

Absolutely.
TomL
TomL
Christian Talk Member

Male

Back to top Go down