Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The God's ways

5 posters

Go down

The God's ways Empty The God's ways

Post  Waqar Daniel Mon 26 Nov 2007, 10:33 pm

When Joseph's brothers saw that their father was dead, they said, "What if Joseph holds a grudge against us and pays us back for all the wrong we did to him?" So they sent word to Joseph, saying, "Your father left these instructions before he died: This is what you are to say to Jpseph: 'I ask you to forgive your brothers the sins and wrongs they committed in treating you so badly. Now please forgive the sins of the servants of the God of your father." When their message came to him, Joseph wept.

His brothers then came and threw themselves down before him. "We are your slaves," they said.

But Joseph said to them, "Don't be afraid. Am I in place of God? You intended to harm me but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. So then, don't be afraid. I will provide for you and for your children." And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them. (Genesis 50:15-21)

This Old Testament story of Joseph is one of the best-known examples of the Lord blessing a man's life though his harsh experiences. The slave-turned-prisoner-turned-national leader stands before the brothers who sold him into slavery. He says, "Do not be afraid, for am I in God's place? As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive" (vv. 19-20).

One individual's sin or failure often affects another person's life--something we tend to deem unfair. But our ways are not God's ways (Isaiah 55:8-9). From Scripture, we can glean that Joseph desired to serve the Lord (Genesis 39:9; 40:8; 41:16). Yet his brothers were permitted to sell him as a slave. And Potiphar's wife wasn't prevented from accusing Joseph of rape, which landed the young man in prison. The Bible promises, "The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him and rescues them" (Psalm 34:7). In other words, hardship and trial could touch Joseph--or any of the faithful--only because God purposefully allowed it.

No one can say for sure why bad things happen. But we can draw comfort from the fact that God knows. "The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law" (Deuteronomy 29:29). Our part is to learn from the example of men like Joseph, who trusted the Lord and followed all that He commanded.

I call hard times as learning times, when we face hard times, we must not ask "Why God - Why me?" instead we should and must ponder on our lives and see where have we gone wrong and what mistakes we have made. Secondly, God's plans are perfect, although, at the time we may not understand His plans but after sometime, everything becomes clear.

Many years back when I started my professional life, I asked my father to help me to get a job. He called his friend and I was called in for interview. That person made sit in sun in the month of June for 3 hours and then called me in his office, where all his employees were sitting. He was very rude with me in front of them and made fun of me. They were more than 200 people sitting in his big and huge office and they all laughed at me.

Anyhow, the life went on and after eight years, he retired from his office, joined the company, I was working for and God was kind to me and I was promoted to the Head Office of my company and the very same man came to pay a visit to me in my office. His language changed as I was senior him then. He said, "Sir, I wanted to have tea with you." Actually, he was too afraid that I may not avenge the way he treated me some years back. So I had tea with him and he was amazed. Due to his age, he was given a good office as he worked as a consultant to my company. He did nothing, he just slept and spent time in discussing others.

My Boss always told me to get rid of him as he was useless to them company. I always saved hm from my Boss' wrath and eventually he died.

I have learnt many things in my life and one of them is not to redicule, or mock anyone because you never know how God would avenge the way you treated a person.

God bless you all.
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : The God's ways 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The God's ways Empty Re: The God's ways

Post  thirsty Tue 27 Nov 2007, 12:57 pm

As it is in the Bible that we must treat others the way we want to be treated, it is so true that God's ways are perfect and the Bible directs us to leave revenge to God. This is very important for us to understand this statement.

God bless
thirsty
thirsty
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  WordofLife Tue 27 Nov 2007, 1:10 pm

Thank you for posting such a nice article and I enjoyed it thoroughly. God's ways sometimes are not clear to us but in the end, everything makes sense. As Daniel gave example from his personal life, so I will also give an example from my personal life.

Few years back, I fell in love with a woman, I prayed day and night to God so that we could get married. She also prayed with me. But then we broke up and she now lives with another person without marrying him. She smokes crack and is in lot of satanic things. When she was with me, she used to go to Church and used to pray with me.

When I lost her, I was heart-broken and prayed several months, why me God? Why didn't you give her to me, I prayed to you day in and day out. But now when I see her and the mess she is in, I thank God because God knew what is best for me. He replaced a bad choice of mine with His better decision and gave me a God fearing wife. Indeed God's ways are perfect.

God bless
WordofLife
WordofLife
Christian Talk Member

Male

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post  lovemylord Tue 27 Nov 2007, 1:15 pm

I liked the article and thank you for sharing it here. Thank you for making the story of Joseph so simple and interesting.

God bless
lovemylord
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  dove Thu 29 Nov 2007, 11:04 am

Very informative article and your article highlights God's purpose in Joseph's life. It is true that sometimes, we do not understand God's purpose in our lives. When we look back, we understand God's good purpose and plan. I agree that when we do not get our heart's desire, we feel disturbed and dismayed, however, God knows what is best for us and God's ways are always proved to be better for us.

God bless you all
dove
dove
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 246
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Back to top Go down