Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Test for an Unfaithful Wife

3 posters

Go down

The Test for an Unfaithful Wife Empty The Test for an Unfaithful Wife

Post  sophie Wed 05 Mar 2008, 9:49 pm

When Bill Clinton was accused of having extra marital relations with Monica Lewinsky, why the christians did not ask Monica to take "The Bitter Water Test" the bible has asked to do in Numbers 5:11/31. I would say all the courts should use this "Bitter Water Test" so that an adulteress woman can be caught easily. Why don't priests use it today, what are they sacred of? Maybe it does not work and is just a story to scare women of that time? It must have scared the daylights out of them. Nice way of scaring the women. What do you say and what is the recipe of this bitter water to make. Why does not church use it today, after all it is in the bible- isn't it so?
sophie
Christian Talk Member

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 25
Profession : Medicine Doctor
Hobbies : Reading
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Warning : The Test for an Unfaithful Wife 110

Back to top Go down

The Test for an Unfaithful Wife Empty Re: The Test for an Unfaithful Wife

Post  Waqar Daniel Thu 06 Mar 2008, 5:27 pm

Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky - The Bitter Water Test
The Law says, "If a man's wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him, by sleeping with another man, and this is hidden from her husband and her impurity is undetected (since there is no witness aginst her and she has not been caught in the act), and if feelings of jealousy come over her husband and and he suspects his wife and she is impure - or if he is jealous...then he is to take his wife to the priest" (Numbers 5:12-15)

Monica Lewinsky was not Bill Clinton's wife, so she could not be put to the test. Moreover, this Law was for the Jews and not for the Christians.

The Church - Bitter Water Test
Now this Law was for a Jewish Priest, who was or were serving before the Ark of Covenant. The Church does not have Ark of Covenant but we have our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ. This Law was said when there were no Judges among the Israelites, and God was a judge Himself over the Isaelites. The process of this Law is:
The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the LORD. Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water. After the priest has had the woman stand before the LORD, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himslef holds the bitter water that brings a curse. Then the priest shall put the woman under an oath and say to her, "If no other man has slept with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you..."'Then the woman is to say, Amen, So be it'"...(Number 5:16-31)"

Christians do not offer sacrifices to God because Jesus Christ sacrificed Himself as a Lamb before Heavenly Father to take away our sins. We do not need grain offering[/b] or any other offering. Christians offer Heavenly Father their bodies, spirits and souls to be guided by His will. Churches do not have Tabernacle too. So this Law is not for Christians, or for Churches.

Jews - The Bitter Water Test
The Jews do not have Ark of Covenant, so this Law is not used in the synagogues these days.

The Bitter Water Test
Your blame that this Test was to stop women from adultery is baseless and false. All the Laws of God are for a good moral life. If you are afraid of this Law, then you are surely afraid of God.

I believe
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline." (Proverbs 1:7)

God bless you
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  walkinginJesus Fri 07 Mar 2008, 12:34 pm

Amazing. These people can really mislead with very simple verses of the Bible and show them contradicting each other or make them look like a fiction. When I looked at the verses mentioned in Numbers 5, I also thought, why Church does not use "Bitter Water Test", the reason was that Sophie, had narrowed my perception by twisting it and putting Bill Clinton and Monica's story in it. How satan makes us believe what is not true by telling us stories. Shame on you Sophie.
walkinginJesus
Christian Talk Member

Female

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down