Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King James Version

2 posters

Go down

King James Version Empty King James Version

Post  Waqar Daniel Mon 02 Mar 2009, 8:21 pm

King James Version King_j10Why?
King James version was published in the year 1611 and the need arose to translate Bible in to English language because the original Bible in Hebrew and Greek languages was beyond understanding of the common people.

However, at that time before the publication of the King’s Bible, the Geneva Bible existed as the popular translated version from the original.

King James was not in favor of this Geneva style for he felt that some parts of the Bible went against the sovereign authority. However, in spite all arrangements and sincere efforts the translated version of the Bible dedicated to King James never received the King’s authorization nor did it came to be identified as the only permitted text within the church premise. Irrespective of such a restricted promulgation, the King James Bible was successfully able to replace the popularity of both Geneva and Bishop’s Bible.

The process of translation

The task of translation was undertaken by 47 scholars, although 54 were originally approved. These translators were divided into six panels and each panel was given to translate specified books of the Bible. Soon after the translation was complete, a committee of translators was chosen from each of the six panels assigned to evaluate the work done following a set of established guideline rules. This was done in order to ensure that none of the translated versions was disorientation of the original form by the inclusion of strange opinions and political chauvinism of individual translators.

The translated version of the Bible was designed in a way to put more emphasis on rhythm and punctuation. This was done to help the text develop a fresh oral quality to be read out loud and clear in the Church.

Instructions by King James for translation

• It was suggested to retain the names of the Prophets and the Holy Writers along with other names of the text

• It is likeable that there could be words in the original text with different Significations and only those, which were profusely used by the Ancient Fathers, were to be used according to the Property of the Place, and the Analogy of the Faith

• Old ecclesiastical words have to be used. Say, for example, words like Church and Congregation cannot be supplemented with suitable synonyms

• During the translation process, it was necessary to follow the original Bishops Bible and playing with the true and authentic was not permissible

• The Divisions or the Chapters of the text had to be altered as par requirement

• There was no need to attach any sort of added explanation only certain meanings of Hebrew or Greek words which are beyond the normal capacity of human understanding had to be deciphered

• All books needed to go through a proper system of judgment and re-judgment before the final attribution

• The translation was principally based on the Bishop’s Bible but the translators were also liable to make use of the Tyndale, Matthew, Coverdale, Great, and Geneva Bibles for a more concretization of facts
The King’s Bible was bigger in comparison to the Great Bible. The letters were printed in black following the italicized Roman type. Such a creation, which was done to produce something mightier than the mightiest made religion simpler for the commoners. Here lies the significance of King James Bible.

Version Information
In 1604, King James I of England authorized that a new translation of the Bible into English be started. It was finished in 1611, just 85 years after the first translation of the New Testament into English appeared (Tyndale, 1526). The Authorized Version, or King James Version, quickly became the standard for English-speaking Protestants. Its flowing language and prose rhythm has had a profound influence on the literature of the past 300 years. The King James Version present on the Bible Gateway matches the 1987 printing. The KJV is public domain in the United States.

Copyright Information
No copyright information available.

Sources:
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : King James Version 110

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

King James Version Empty Re: King James Version

Post  Littlelamb Tue 03 Mar 2009, 3:25 pm

Thank you for the information regarding KJV BIBLES. Many argue over the validity of this version, and also argue that there were no BIBLES prior to this version. Both arguments are wrong.

The BIBLE is GOD INSPIRED and the HOLY SPIRIT ensured that the WORD remained TRUE. The BIBLE remains HIS WORD, which shall not pass away or be made void.

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Psalms 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

Psalms 68:11 The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Littlelamb
Littlelamb
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Female

Number of posts : 227
Profession : Admin of 2 forums, Children's Church Ministry
Hobbies : The BIBLE and the STUDY which I apply to life.
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Warning : King James Version 110

http://www.lordismyshepherd.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down