Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John 9:1-2

2 posters

Go down

John 9:1-2 Empty John 9:1-2

Post  clark thompson Sun 03 Nov 2013, 12:41 pm

King James Version (KJV)

9 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

Revised Standard Version (RSV)

A Man Born Blind Receives Sight

9 As he passed by, he saw a man blind from his birth. 2 And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

Revised Standard Version (RSV)
Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright © 1946, 1952, and 1971 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 It was thought that everything that happened to you was a result of wrong doing. The book of Job was written but may not have been widely accepted to teach what Jesus would soon show them. Sometimes people are born blind this can not their fault because they are born that way. People become blind as well from incidents and people also become blind due to their eyes no longer working.

2 The question shows the teaching of the day, that someone has a condition it is God trying to punish them. Job does teach this isn’t the cause and if it were read more and accepted in that time they would know that God sometimes just allows things to happen to test our faith. This man was born blind, he had no sin before he was born or at his birth so it could not be his fault. This question showed that they did not understand the Lord.
clark thompson
clark thompson
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Busy
Male

Number of posts : 143
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Warning : John 9:1-2 110

Back to top Go down

John 9:1-2 Empty We were all born blind

Post  fennywest Sun 03 Nov 2013, 9:15 pm

On the question of being born blind, these are the spiritual truths I see:
Man sees on the outward appearance and may misjudge on the basis of what he sees about the conditions other people face or their sufferings but God is not judgemental. He values everyone the same no matter their disability. In fact in our weakness His strength is made perfect. This why people who have disability in one area do compensate in other areas. For instance, those who are blind have heightened sensitivity in other areas.
9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2Cor12:9-10
13 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.
17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You.
Ps139:13-18

God can also use people mightily regardless of their disability in the natural. God is not limited by our physical conditions. Fanny Crosby was blind but God used her to write thousands of poems and songs that are still inspiring us today. So it not so much of what barriers you face but how you face those barriers. I have also observed that many of the songs that I have been privileged to write have come from my dark moments. Therefore  there is greatness in every one. God  has a good plan for everyone regardless of their condition. He is not limited. The only limit is the one we place on Him. He can use us regardless of our state.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKTg_INHgpc

http://www.nolimbsnolimits.net/about/

http://www.wholesomewords.org/biography/biorpcrosby.html
Dreams Do come True

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.Jer29:11

Furthermore, see the statement in a figurative sense and that is: We were all born blind- all born into darkness, and it is not until we realise we are blind and come to Jesus that He gives us our sight in the New Birth. in that sense we were all born disabled by sin and only Jesus can make us able. even then when we receive our sight we need to stay glued to him in fellowship as to receive continuous eye salve to enable our sight to remain sharp so that we live our lives to His glory all the days of our lives.
" There is none righteous, no, not one;

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Rom3:10,23
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John3:3

Another truth is that regardless of the obstacles  or questions or problems we face in this life only God has the  answers and solutions through Jesus. If we do not ask we will not receive. This man went to Jesus. He was not forced into his presence. Again we are to ask and leave God to answer the way He deems best.  Jesus spat on the floor and made a paste and put it on this man's face. Why? and why did the man not protest? He was prepared and determined to receive his sight regardless how it came from God. we too have to be humble and determined to have our answers God's way- not our way. God must remain God. He is sovereign and we cannot put Him in a box and expect Him to be still God.

Finally, often God uses the ridiculous to bring about the miraculous. That man subjected himself to the ridiculous and was obedient:"Go, wash in the pool of Siloam"

6 When He had said these things, He spat on the ground and made clay with the saliva; and He anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay.
7 And He said to him, "Go, wash in the pool of Siloam" (which is translated, Sent). So he went and washed, and came back seeing.

When we too obey, even the ridiculous  we hear from God, we too will receive our miracles.
fennywest
fennywest
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : Amused
Male

Number of posts : 1725
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Warning : John 9:1-2 110

http://www.inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down