Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being a Burden Bearer

2 posters

Go down

Being a Burden Bearer Empty Being a Burden Bearer

Post  Fenny West Mon 17 Sep 2007, 3:58 pm

"Share each other's troubles and problems, and obey the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2 NLT
Don't be a burden, be a burden-bearer
Everyone is hiding something, and it's not because they're deceptive. It's just that some wounds are too private. When your husband is being insensitive and uncaring the pain can be too deep to discuss. When your wife wounds you with acid words you're crushed inside but you can't show it. So you both go off, lick your wounds and try to avoid the comments and questions of others. Is that where you are today, struggling with something too painful to talk about? If so, realize that others are too! Their anger is a symptom. Their aloofness just hides their fear of being known and maybe rejected because they've been hurt before. Jesus saw the best in the worst of people and went out of His way to be gracious to them. Do you remember how He treated the woman "caught in the act" of adultery? (See Jn Cool. Public exposure! Can you imagine the depth of her shame? Yet Jesus saw someone worth saving, loved her, lifted her and gave her the strength to do better. You are called to do that too!
So remind yourself today that others are going through things you don't know about. They're crying tears you don't see and feeling isolated in ways you can't imagine. Don't be a burden - be a burden-bearer! Indeed you may be the only one who crosses their path today. And when you help lift their burden - God will lift yours! "Share each other's troubles and problems, and obey the law of Christ. If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself" (Gal 6:2-3 NLT).

www.bobgass.com/word

Being A Burden Bearer

Being a burden bearer, Oh Lord let me be;

Sensitive and caring, counselled by You.

Oh let my words a healing stream be;

Giving honour, thanks and praise to you.

Teach me to stoop down, the lonely raise,

And open my mouth your comfort share.

May my life always Your Name praise,

As you show that You can through me care.

Lord help me see the best in the worst;

Extend my hands as part of Your hands.

Lord, help me pay the price at all cost;

In tune with your Spirit and command.

May I comfort with the comfort You give,

And take up my cross, tread as You trod.

Freely I have received, freely I will give;

Living, giving, according to Your Word

Fenny West
Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Warning : Being a Burden Bearer 110

http://inspiration4generations.com

Back to top Go down

Being a Burden Bearer Empty Re: Being a Burden Bearer

Post  Waqar Daniel Mon 17 Sep 2007, 8:17 pm

Dear Fenny:

You have posted a great message, I believe that we should all follow what Jesus preached. Jesus preached, mercy, kindness, care, forgiveness and love.

The agony of taking revenge kills us from inside. As I always say Bible has every answer to every problem. 4 years back, I was attending a conference where I also had to read my research paper.

I attended a session of a great psychlogist and educationist and everyone was saying that he had worked on a new theory and it will surely be adopted by many corporate companies.

He simply said "Be reflective". He presented his research and during the tea break, I met him and said I liked his session but I learnt this trait many years ago and am using it for many years now.

He was amazed and bit angry, he was well above his 70s and I was in my early 30s. He laughed first and asked me where did I read being "reflective".

I told him in the Bible - He laughed and laughed at me and said another lunatic. He challenged me to show what my God has shown me in the "stone age".

As a habit, I always keep a Bible and my notes on the Bible with me, I went in the conference room and during that time all these professors and educationists were making fun of me. Actually they were all atheists.

So when I reached the tea room, they laughed again and the professor said, he would believe in God if I would be able to show him any verse from the Bible that tells us to be "reflective". He further said that he had studied Bible for many years and found it full of stories and stories.

So I opened up the Bible, and read:

In your anger do not sin;
When you are on your beds,
search your hearts and be silent (Psalm 4:4)

All their laughter turned to silence and I told them, even if you have millions of PhDs, even then you cannot think 1% the way God thinks.

Isn't it amazing - How God shows Himself supreme and uses a small person of no worth like me to glorify Him.

God bless you and your family
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

https://christian-talk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Being a Burden Bearer Empty The Foolishness of the Wisdom of the "Wise"

Post  Fenny West Mon 17 Sep 2007, 10:32 pm

What an eerie silence that greeted that room when God turned the tables on those who were wise in their own eyes.
As we trust Him, He will use us to confound the wise, reduce to nothing the might of the mighty.

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Cor.1:27
Fenny West
Fenny West
Christian Talk Moderators

Male

Number of posts : 1091
Profession : Writer/Teacher/singer/composer
Hobbies : Music
Marital Status : Single
Registration date : 2007-09-10