Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John 9:35-38

Go down

John 9:35-38 Empty John 9:35-38

Post  clark thompson Sun 02 Feb 2014, 12:30 pm

King James Version (KJV)

35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?

37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

Revised Standard Version (RSV)

Spiritual Blindness

35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out, and having found him he said, “Do you believe in the Son of man?” 36 He answered, “And who is he, sir, that I may believe in him?” 37 Jesus said to him, “You have seen him, and it is he who speaks to you.” 38 He said, “Lord, I believe”; and he worshiped him.

Revised Standard Version (RSV)
Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright © 1946, 1952, and 1971 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

35 Jesus knew even though they threw this man out he had not yet come to faith but was ready to hear the truth. Timing is important when it comes to sharing the gospel but timing should not be an excuse to go by without sharing the gospel. This man just lost his community and was at a new low. Jesus knew the answer to this question we should not ask them questions we do not know the answers to.

36 This man wanted to believe, he just needed to know the truth. These shows there are certain things people need to know to be of the faith. Thru the faith and walk we will grow to know Jesus more and more as we grow closer to Him.

37 This man had met Jesus when He healed him but did not recognize Him, otherwise he would be thanking Him for healing Him and talk to him about what had happened. This man could physical see but was still spiritually blinded, Jesus is fixing that as well. Jesus often did not refer to Himself in first person.

38 the man believed and worshiped, this man accept Jesus not only as a prophet a teacher a healing, the Messiah or Christ but accept Him as divine, as God because only God is worthy of worship, which this man gives Jesus.
clark thompson
clark thompson
Christian Talk Member

Mood : Busy
Male

Number of posts : 143
Marital Status : Still Looking
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Warning : John 9:35-38 110

Back to top Go down