Christian Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does Bible say about ANGER?

Go down

What does Bible say about ANGER? Empty What does Bible say about ANGER?

Post  Waqar Daniel Sun 01 Jul 2007, 8:52 pm

Greetings, peace and blessings in the name of our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ.

Psalm 4:4 Don't sin by letting anger gain control over you.

Psalm 37:8 Stop your anger! Turn from your rage! Do not envy others-- it only leads to harm.

Proverbs 14:29 Those who control their anger have great understanding; those with a hasty temper will make mistakes.

Proverbs 19:11 People with good sense restrain their anger; they earn esteem by overlooking wrongs.

Proverbs 29:8 Mockers can get a whole town agitated, but those who are wise will calm anger.

Proverbs 29:11 A fool gives full vent to anger, but a wise person quietly holds it back.

Proverbs 30:33 As the beating of cream yields butter, and a blow to the nose causes bleeding, so anger causes quarrels.

Ecclesiastes 7:9 Don't be quick-tempered, for anger is the friend of fools.

Matthew 5:21 "You have heard that the law of Moses says, `Do not murder. If you commit murder, you are subject to judgment.' 22 But I say, if you are angry with someone, you are subject to judgment! If you call someone an idiot, you are in danger of being brought before the high council. And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell.

2 Corinthians 12:20 For I am afraid that when I come to visit you I won't like what I find, and then you won't like my response. I am afraid that I will find quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfishness, backstabbing, gossip, conceit, and disorderly behavior.

Galatians 5:19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, your lives will produce these evil results: sexual immorality, impure thoughts, eagerness for lustful pleasure, 20 idolatry, participation in demonic activities, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, divisions, the feeling that everyone is wrong except those in your own little group, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other kinds of sin. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Ephesians 4:26 And "don't sin by letting anger gain control over you." Don't let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 for anger gives a mighty foothold to the Devil.

Ephesians 4:31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of malicious behavior.

Colossians 3:8 But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language.

1 Timothy 2:8 So wherever you assemble, I want men to pray with holy hands lifted up to God, free from anger and controversy.

James 1:19
My dear brothers and sisters, be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. 20 Your anger can never make things right in God's sight.

God bless
Waqar Daniel
Waqar Daniel
Administrator

Mood : I feel Blessed
Male

Number of posts : 2778
Profession : Consultant
Hobbies : Long drives, Gospel music, Bible study
Marital Status : Married
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Warning : What does Bible say about ANGER? 110